Saturday, September 15, 2007

Birthday Celebrations

Today we went to my parents house to have our August/September birthday celebration. We are trying something new, which is to celebrate mid day on a Saturday instead of Sunday after church. The last time we got together after everyone was done with church, we said our goodbyes about about 10:30, much to late for the little ones and those of us that have to get up and go to work too. This seemed to work out really great so I bet this will be the new standard.

You know this means that my birthday is finally over, sadly enough and I will have to wait a whole 10 1/2 months to start the celebrations again. As many of you know I like to celebrate the whole month of August and this year I even got 1/2 of September too.

We celebrated birthday's for Ryan, Grandma, Lynette, Theresa (if only in spirit) and me.

Following are a bunch of fun pictures we got during the day. And as nothing in my family can go according to schedule it was the all day birthday party that would have lasted into the night, had we not already had plans.

Elise is true Elisa style made 2 cakes a yummy carrot cake and the Gillmore chocolate cake, as well as a lemon meringue pie and a cheesecake. All very good!!

Ellie guarded the cake, she was eying it all afternoon, she sure looks like her mom?

Tori enjoyed Abby's baby doll's hand. We call her Mary as that is the name Abby had chosen for her, she goes with her everywhere.
Yes that is dirt on her lips and not the yummy chocolate cake. She managed to the dirt mecca at the gate to the garden and thought it to be rather good, I guess it could have been worse...

Abby and my mom picked this wonderful looking tomato from my parents garden. This thing is huge and has so many great vegetables in it.
Rachel, Marcy and Jakob started picking tomatoes from one of the huge plants. More and more of us joined in and didn't even make a dent with all the the tomatoes that were there.Ryan and Tori had fun playing airplane.
Rachel helped Tori walk around the backyard. Rachel stared walking on August 26th and hasn't stopped since. She is getting really good and can do about 15 steps before she takes a fall. Josh is in the back on the tramp doing some ninja moves.
We were taking pictures and Grant looked so sad, as if to say "hey what about me, take my picture" so he was happy to pose for one.
More playing with Abby and Jakob.
Ellie was doing some posing, I love the curly hair!






No comments: