Saturday, September 1, 2007

Canning Peaches

Well we made record time this year in canning peaches, is what I am told. I have to admit that I have enjoyed peaches for many years and haven't canned (or help with the canning) since I was living at home. Abby calls them "grandma's peaches" and has loved them since she could eat them. While we were working Theresa called and was sad she wasn't there to help, don't worry, we will save you some for your return in December!

It took 3 of us 6 hours and our husbands to take the kids off to play to get 72 pint jars done. Here are some photo's of us hard at work!


By the way the peaches were wonderful and sweet!


And of course it wouldn't be complete without a picture of the finished product?





They are well worth the effort, until we have more in a couple of weeks...


While we were working my dad came in to tell us "that my mom's friend was back" so can you name the bug??



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow - looks like hard work, but with a yummy reward!

Wendie said...

That's a praying mantis! By the way, we skipped the canning and froze ours this year. I'm making peach cobbler tonight!!