Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New calling

So much for sitting around with idle time on my hands. I was called as the 1st counselor in the Primary. Nothing like going from the flame to the fire. Oh did I mention that I have a primary program to put together for the 21st and that there were some pieces and parts of the old one to use. Not to make matters worse, but we only have 2 weeks and really only 1 more church day before we go "live".
I spent Saturday writing the outline, Sunday running around getting parts for all the children and Monday night finishing it up. Well I am happy to say that finished that tonight and handed it to the Primary President to get final approval. I am hoping he gets it back quickly so we can get it handed out so kinds learn their parts.
On a kinder, gentler side, I am so excited for this calling, the challange alone will get a great learning experience. For example, we have 96 children and only 3 teachers left. We will see how it goes next week!!

3 comments:

Wendie said...

Wow! What a new adventure. I know the mighty Brittany can handled it. Maybe you'll get to color more stuff. Wish I could be there to help! :)

Melissa said...

As Primary President, I almost feel panicked just thinking of all the craziness the boundary changes have caused right before programs! Good luck with it all! Ours is also the 21st - busy day!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I had to laugh at this. I can't believe that the previous 1st counselor hadn't done anything on the program yet. YIKES. It's a good thing you're as on top of it as you are. I'm surprised you have 96 kids in your Primary. I was talking to Nancy T this week and she indicated that it was really small, that Jacob's class only has like 3 kids in it. 96 is a ton of kids!