Friday, January 11, 2008

Misc

Wow, good thing I didn't make blogging every day a new years resolution, or I would have blown it already...well it has been crazy busy around here for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't even posted anything. Abby's 3rd birthday is tomorrow and I really should be working on a cake or cleaning the house or something else, but the guilt was just too much, so I thought I had better sit down for at least a minute and catch up. This is her first birthday party with friends so wish me luck, I will post pictures and more tomorrow about that.
This has been a long week, first because I haven't worked 5 days in about 3 weeks with all the holidays and I think I am just tired to have worked so much.
Secondly because I just need more hours in each day, I am behind on everything and just can't seem to catch up. For example I had high hopes of getting our Christmas letter out in early December, pictures scheduled and then Chris comes down with pink eye so I had to move them. Well we go for pictures last Saturday and they have taken down the "Christmas decor" and the photographer sucked, yes he was that bad, not to mention that Abby wanted nothing to do with pictures anyway so it was a lost cause. So here I am with no photo's and no Christmas letter and it is almost halfway through January. Well I have the letter done and I am going to just use the only photo we walked away with and call it good for this year.
Thirdly, I found out that it looks like my employment will end in June of this year. For those that aren't up to date, our company was sold last year and after looking at the options I decided that I didn't want to go work for the new company and wanted and needed to take a different job. A choice that I feel very good about. Well back to the second item, my current boss told me this week that come March 15th my position will no longer exist so I could either leave or find other work within the company. I opted to spend a couple more months with the company and do something different to get some good experience. So I stated having those conversations this week and hope to know something with in the next couple of weeks.
This is all kinda weird talking about your departure so openly and yet feeling a little slighted because my boss seems so anxious to move me out. In the end I have faith that it will all be for the best, just getting there is a little harder than I thought it was going to be.
Well now that I got all that out I think I best get back to getting stuff ready for the party.

No comments: