Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The offering stone

















This morning Abby graced us with her presence at 5AM when Chris and I got up and had no interest in going back to bed. I took the dog for a walk and then came back to get ready for work and get the girls ready for daycare.
When Abby hasn't slept much, she tends to be a bit on the grumpy side. She asked for a specific breakfast of yogurt and cereal, which I was happy to get for her and then run up to shower and change. When I came back to see how she was doing she asked for more cereal.

Now if you have ever seen a bugs life you are familiar with the scene when the ants sit below the hill and wait for the grasshoppers to come and get their food from the offering stone. When the grasshoppers come and there isn't enough food, they don't respond well.


















When I was getting Abby more food, I knew that she would eat a bit or two and then the rest would get tossed, so I didn't want to give her too much as that was just silly. However, I had to give her enough so that she wouldn't freak out (again given the sleep deprived little girl) and start to cry or get mad at me.
So as I approached her at her little table eating, I felt much like the ants, which wait with worry, will it be enough, and will they eat and leave us alone. As I placed the bowl in front of her and slowly backed away saying a little prayer that it would be enough to satisfy her and not begin a scene. I was glad when she seemed content with what I had given her and continued to eat and sing. One more ugly incident avoided.

1 comment:

Janae said...

Who would have thought cartoons would have saved your behind in a moment of crisis! This one was particularly cute/funny.