Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family Pictures and day after Thanksgiving shopping

Last year I thought as we got so close to Christmas that it was too late to go do family pictures and so I decided to wait until after the Holiday to get them done. This turned out to be a disaster as we found out the hard way. The Christmas decor was already down and so we had to live with a plain background and then there were the uncooperative children.
This year I vowed to earlier. So on the day after Thanksgiving I got up at about 3:30 to do some early Christmas shopping for those early door busters. I was at Kohls before their doors opened at 4AM and had a great time going from store to store. I went into several stores and didn't buy anything (Walmart and Toys R Us to name a few) because I couldn't bare to stand in those crazy lines. In addition to my own shopping I did some for family.

I even went to the consignment shop and found a few cute things for the girls. I got home at 11, ate lunch and we all got ready for picture time. When we got there for our 1PM appointment, we had to wait over an hour and after we got our pictures done it was about another 45 minutes to even look at the pictures.
Although we had to wait a long time it was worth it, because we got some good pictures of the kids. Here are a few of my favorites from the day.

Tori with her Jersey on

Abby in her Jersey

Both Girls
Our Family picture with everyone, except mom but I was told that will be corrected this year. I was going to wear Chris' Jersey, but when I put it on today it was like a moo moo so I opted to go with the Canada shirt instead.
Another Family picture.
This is one of my favorite. We got it in black and white to hang in our house.

We had promised the girls a treat if they were good so afterwards that is just what we did. Then we all went home for a nap.
Overall it was a fun, but long day.

No comments: