Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Checking Back in

Well it was a wonderful trip, the weather was great, the hotel, Marriott World Center was unbelievable. It was like a mini resort. I usually don't sleep that good away from home, but boy of boy those beds were comfortable. They had everything you needed there so we hardly left the premises. My co-worker did forget to pack his dress pants so we did have to purchase him some new ones the day we got there, which was an adventure all of itself.
The conference was great too, lots of good information, I even got up for a special meeting at 7AM (that would be 5AM) Denver time, and it proved to be well worth it with one of the top speakers on "the hill" talking about the upcoming election and what each candidate would offer. It was very interesting and goes well with my new interest.
I hope my new employer would find it valuable to send me to the ASPPA meeting in October, but that will just have to wait for now.
As much as I love my family, it was really nice to eat what I wanted without having a child doing all the child like things. It was nice to come "home" to a spotless clean room each night. It was nice to have the whole bed to myself, and it was nice to take a "mommy" break.
All that said I was happy to return home on Tuesday night and received many hugs and kisses from a happy family!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on the new job! What are you doing? Justin stayed at that conference center last year and said good things about it. Yay for you!

Brittany said...

No new job yet, I still have about 4 months before I make the jump.