Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yummy DInner

I have had this major craving for Chicken Marsala lately, so I decided tonight for dinner that was what we were going to have. I hadn't made it before so on to the Internet I went to find a easy and wonderful recipe. What I found were several options, I choose to go with Tyler's recipe and just excluded the prosciutto and changed out for portabella mushrooms. I also used 2x as much Marsala "cooking" wine and 2x as much chicken stock, which I think added more flavor.It turned out great and was really easy to make. Abby even helped me by using the hammer on the chicken to pound it down. I would recommend this recipe for any that want to give it a try. I also cooked up some asparagus and a side dish. Abby loved, loved, loved the mushrooms and had about 5 servings. One of her favorite foods in mushrooms. She won't each them fresh and prefers them to be cooked, so this was perfect for her. I almost started laughing when she said..."Mom can I have some more mushrooms and asparagus, please?" My reply "if you eat 2 bites of chicken you can have more", a response that I am sure is not heard to often around the world and I may not hear again, so I wanted to record it.





For desert, I pulled another recipe I have been dieing to try, Peach Cobbler, from Blake. Also very good, but I have to say not as good I expected based on his review. Chris and Abby both loved it, so we will see if it lasts more than 2 days in our house.

No comments: