Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day Five

Today was a fun day, this morning Abby came upstairs looking like this:When I asked her what happened, she said she didn't know...she did let me take this picture, but she sure looked grumpy. Considering that she went and put my eye liner all over her face, I think I should be the one looking grumpy.

After lunch headed to the main attraction, the hot springs, this is one of the things I was looking forward to the whole week. When we were getting ready to go there Abby said "are we going to go get in the big fart water"? We yes it is sticky, but I bet you will not mind too much after you get in there. I was right, both Tori and Abby loved it.

Each of the pools is a different temperature and you can try them all out. The girls were very good and enjoyed most of the springs. The favorite was the 95 degree one and we spent most of our time in it. We did get in the swimming pool and at 83 degrees it sounds good, but it sure felt cold. Once we got out we all had to shower to get some of the smell off, in the changing rooms they have this neat contraption that you put your bathing suit in and it spins off a lot of the water. Maybe this isn't new, but I had never seen one before, it was nice not to take home a soppy wet suit.

Here are a couple of pictures of the springs I took, I didn't take the camera with us as I didn't want to haul it from pool to pool so we aren't in any of them.
By the way the river isn't heated, and it is colder than cold, so we opted not to go in it all.

On the way home we were going to take the girls for ice cream, but they fell asleep so instead we went to The Choke Cherry Tree.
I sat in the car while Mom went in and checked it out. They had tons of cool home made and unique gifts. They had a sample area in the back where you were able to try all the sauces, jellies, and cheese balls to see what you wanted to take home. Mom was gone a long time and said it was super fun...I will have to go tomorrow and check it out. By the way they do have a website (listed above) and do ship too...
Here are the carmel's that they make there... they gave us some when we checked in and they were super yummy. We will need to make sure to get some before we leave.
When mom was done shopping we did go get ice cream. It was an old "50's" shop and the cute little old man that helped us had to be be at least 80. You had to go very slow and often repeat what you wanted. When we were all done getting our ice cream I had to remind him about 5 times everything we got as he slowly entered it into the computer screen. Then when I handed him a coupon out of book we had picked up he said "oh I don't have any idea how to do that." How can you get mad at that, so I told him don't worry about it.
The ice cream was good and entertaining trying to watch the kids eat it. After we were done there we headed home for a yummy, yet creative meal of chicken tenders. Here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try it:
Chicken breast as much as you need cut into strips
1-2 eggs beaten
Ritz crackers crushed up about 1 sleeve full (more or less depending on the amount of chicken)
Dry Ranch Dressing mix (like hidden valley), about 2 tsp.
Mix those two together in a plastic bag.
Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray and then take the chicken sprinkle a bit of salt on it, run it though the egg and then the cracker/dressing mix and place on the cookie sheet. Spray the top with cooking spray and place in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
Flip the pieces over and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Take out and serve with Ranch dressing or BBQ sauce.
It was one of those "what do we have on hand" recipes but it turned out really good. We will have to try it again.
With that we ended our day.

1 comment:

Allie said...

It looks like you had a great time! Yes this is Allie, as in Allie that you haven't heard from in like 8 years. I think that we live just down the road from you if you are still living in the same house (Tower and Quincy). I can't believe that you saw Jason. We exchange Christmas cards but it has been forever since I saw him. Let me know if you want to get together sometime!