Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random thoughts

I keep having all this random thoughts that I would like to post about, but they don't really go together so I am just going to throw them all out there together and see how it goes.

1. Somehow so many of the stories I feel I share involve poop or something of the sort, but some are just to funny not to share. Last week Abby went off to the bathroom by herself as she often does and was singing and talking so I thought nothing of it. Next thing I know I hear the toilet running and running. It was one of those moments when you think to yourself, something is wrong. So off I got to the bathroom, as I open the door I can see water overflowing out the toilet, a plunger in the toilet and Abby looking at me as if to say, I don't know Mom, but it wasn't me. I yell up to Chris hurry bring lots of towels, the toilet is overflowing. By this time the whole floor is covered and the water is making it's way into the hallway. I shut off the water valve to stop more water, use the plunger to get the extra amount of toilet paper down and the water starts to go down. Next I start to put down towels to collect all the water. After an entire basket full of wet towels I ask Abby what happened to which she replies, I don't know, maybe too much paper?

2 We watched my sisters kids this weekend and all I can say was it was the weekend of poop here. Poor Tori had diarrhea the whole weekend, so we had to keep changing her every couple of hours. We let her run around for awhile outside with just a shirt and shoes to "air out" in true white trash style. Then there was my niece, she is having some "bathroom issues" so I got the privilege of assisting this 5 year old girl, change her clothing about every 2 hours as she soiled herself. Her brother only had a couple of accidents, which is understandable as he is potty training. By Sunday afternoon, I turned to Chris and said, my house smells like poop, I can't take it anymore...after which I found and started to burn a couple of candles. What a weekend, between the poop, feeding and sleeping, we were exhausted.

3. Abby has her imaginary friends called the power pokeums which go with her everywhere. They also get into trouble a lot and Abby is constantly putting them into the naughty point or telling them to come inside, upstairs or any number of commands. You can usually tell what kinds of day she is having by listening to how much trouble her power pokeums are in , they usually correlate.

4. This weekend we watched my friend, Janae's, cat, and Abby and Tori were both fascinated by Mario. Tori would go to the closet and say "owe", which is how she refers to the cat. I would come ask her if she wanted to give Mario a treat, to which she would get a huge smile on her face. I would hand her a treat and she would either walk around with it until you took her upstairs to give it the the "owe" or put her arms out to have you pick her up and take her upstairs. She would go look at the cat under our bed and hand you the treat to throw to Mario for him to eat. I can't image what she would do if the cat would have come out and let her pet him. She is waring Chris down and he really wants to get her a cat, he even said, well we might have to get a cat while you are away...to which I reply, you better not just bring one home, if we do get one, we need to talk about it first...then I remind him how our house smelled like poop all weekend and I don't know if I want a cat...we shall see.

5. Tori also loves dogs too. Lots of people we know have dogs and so gets lots of opportunity to spend time with them. She calls them pups and love to look, touch and talk to them. Even when they do knock her down. I would be more inclined to get a dog then a cat, if you were to ask me. They seem more kid friendly.

6. I have been coughing for about 2 months and finally decided to go to the Dr. (after cancelling my appointment and then remaking it) and found out that it was more than allergies. She said I had lungs that were enlarged/swollen probably from a cold which I had gotten over prior. So now I am on steroids for the next couple of weeks to get the swelling down. She said it was like trying to breath through a straw and there wasn't enough air getting out, so I would breath a lot in and then have a huge coughing fit to get it out. Nice, so that may explain why I have been having a harder time as I was working out in the early hours, not enough air.

7. Chris and I have recently changed schedules which means he goes to work about 5:30 AM and I get to get the girls up and ready for daycare/preschool. Then I go to work after that. This means that I usually get home about 6:30 now, which I have to say sucks!!

I called Chris last week to tell him what a great guy he was and how I didn't know how he did it. That morning I got up Abby, who didn't want to wake up, got her downstairs, breakfast, and dressed. Then I got Tori up and got her food and dressed and out the door only about 20 minutes late, both in tears and at my wits end and it wasn't even 8AM!! Abby was upset because I didn't get the right breakfast, the right movie to watch and hurried her to be through with her food. I didn't get Tori food fast enough, then had the wild idea to change her diaper and get her dressed, which she cried all the way though and then, being the mean Mom I am I made them wear their coats. I told him he could have him mornings back, I didn't like them...but I don't see that happening in the near future. I had to mention on a good note, it sure is nice coming home to a cooked dinner most nights which he does a great job with.

8. Abby is very funny with some of her words. For example she kept calling The Easter Bunny, "Easter the Bunny". When she wants to see in the mirror, she says "let me show in the mirror." When she tells me something and proves me wrong, she loves to say "I told you Mommy", she like to say things like " I can't even believe it" or "Mom how could you". When she wants to put on chap stick, she calls will ask, "Mom can I have my lips?" It is very comical when she mixes up her words and sometimes uses words that are too old her for her like "Crap, I spilled my drink" or "Oh my goodness or Oh my gosh".

9. Abby has a very good memory and knows a number of songs and can repeat books back to me, this weekend I was telling Chris about the Congressional meeting I was at and how we started with a prayer and then presented the American and Colorado flag, followed by the pledge of allegiance and the star spangled banner. Abby piped in with starting to say the pledge of allegiance. Which is really cute I will have to post it, because she doesn't get all the words just right and misses a few others. On Saturday Abby and her cousin had a contest to see who could say it faster (I think they were about at the same speed for the record).

10. Tori is getting so much better with her words which is really helpful. I know Abby was talking more by this age, so I am sure it is frustrating that she can't communicate. She can say Mom, Dad, Ab (Abby), pup (dog), owe (cat), ball, shoe and is working on more every day. She also shakes her head a lot or turns her head away from us for no or gives us a smile for yes.

Okay I think that is all I have to share today, I am sure there will be somethings I forgot so look for more random items.

1 comment:

ganelle said...

All I can say, is invest in the "snake." We're big fans of the super-pooper-unclogger!
We're looking forward to Saturday!