Friday, April 11, 2008

Shopping buddies

Tonight when I got home, we raced through dinner so Abby and I could run up to the store(s) and get a few items we needed for tomorrow nights dinner. All I have to say is Abby do you want to go shopping and she is all over it. So off we went, first to Sam's Club to pick up the bulk items. Some things are just too good not to get there, for example you can get EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) for about 1/2 the cost as the grocery store, bottled water, which we always carry in our cars is also about 1/2 the cost, so we buy it by the case.

Of course we had to get chips because Abby asked for those so she could put them in a bag tomorrow for her snack.

Then we were off to Home Depot. I needed a blow torch for my cupcakes for tomorrow night, picture to follow, tomorrow, and because I needed to have someone look at my blade on my I mean "Chris'" saw that keeps slipping. When the nice man asked me what I needed I am sure it sounded weird to say I need a blow torch, but not too big so I can cook with it. Needless to say I left with both items in hand and am now ready to go back to my shelf building with a fully functioning saw.

Lastly we went to King Soopers, where again Abby was wonderful and helpful, I let her pick out some new sprinkles and the cupcake papers for tomorrow, she was in heaven!!

We made it home about 2 hours after we started and had a great time. It is amazing to me how much she likes to shop and she is go good about it most times too. I think it is hereditary, because I also find it very relaxing.

Okay so check back tomorrow for the finished product of the blow torch purchase....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hmmm, you've got my interest! I'll check back to see what's going on at your house tonight! Isn't it fun to have a shopping buddy? Isabel also LOVES to shop. :)

Unknown said...

I don't think I need to tell you how lucky you are to have a kid who actually LIKES to go shopping with you! LOL

And you have my dying with curiosity to know what you're going to do with sprinkles and a BLOW TORCH?? Can't wait to find out!!